Sophisticated investors often employ professional consultants to audit and evaluate their performance and/or their manager's performance. Many small to medium sized investors may have little or no access to similar services at reasonable costs. Proficient's people have extensive experience analyzing the performance of many of the largest and most successful investment firms. We also specialize in identifying and evaluating investment costs.
Investors may face several problems in evaluating investment performance. Our audit service can often help answer the following questions.
- What was your portfolio worth on specific dates. What was your return relative to prior dates?
- How did your performance relate to appropriate benchmarks?
- What investment costs were incurred and how did they impact performance?
- What are the relative contributions of asset allocation, security selection, and market timing in your portfolio and how did they affect your performance?
- Are your investments inconsistent with your goals and constraints?
- Are their implications of the income and distributions on your relative performance?
If you would like to learn more about our audit service or have specific questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.